Reasons to use hardwood firewood briquettes
- Firewood briquettes are suitable for solid fuel central heating boilers, stoves and fireplaces
- Firewood briquettes are ecologically clean, with low moisture biofuel pressed from clean birch sawdust
- Excellent replacement for Verdo briquettes, less expansion and longer burning
- Easy to store, minimum space required
- Burning one tonnne of firewood briquettes leaves only 2 kg ashes
- Briquettes are easy to store indoors or out in their sealed packs
- Moisture 4.6%
- Ash content, 0.2%
- Sulphur S, < 0,01%
- Net calorific value, 5.40 kWh per kg
Firewood briquettes are a popular and economical firewood alternative to logs in northern Europe with one 10Kg pack of briquettes giving almost the heat output of a full net of logs, but at lower cost.
Our briquettes are made by grinding hardwood (birch) shavings and sawdust into a homogeneous pulp and forming this into a briquette under very high pressure.
Pressure releases lignin, one of the natural components of wood which has the property of becoming liquid at high pressure and, as it subsequently cools, it binds the wood together in its new form.
NB! We advise you to fill the stove only 1/3 because of the high calorific value and natural expansion of briquettes as they burn.
In stock and available for immediate delivery